Sunday, September 22, 2013

Am I really doing this?

To blog or not to blog?  That has been the question for quite some time. When I was first diagnosed with cancer I thought blogging would be a good idea.  However, when I tried to set it up I didn't find it as easy as everyone said it would be. I decided to just keep more generic than I would in a blog, and kept people informed on Facebook. Then comes along my friend Jen who teamed up with her friend to create this beautiful blog spot place thing and left me with no excuse. I will write!  I don't enjoy writing, I am NOT good at it. Grammar and spelling are not in my wheel house, and I plan to use the word sardonic more often than you might think possible, just because.  I am coming into this blogging world at a strange place. I have finished chemo (praise God), but still have surgery and some other stuff to get through. I would say I am somewhere near the middle of the hard part of my cancer story. Of course that is based o the way I see from the here and now. I really have no idea of what God has in store for this journey and its length or twists and turns. I do KNOW that He has and will remain faithful through the whole trip.
The first time I opened the blog to see it and saw the words Morning by morning , the rest of that phrase , new mercies I see, went through my head. For those of you reading this that may not know, that comes from a beautiful hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness. I will share my " cancer" story as openly and transparent as I can in this blog. I will go back to the beginning of feeling the lump, and share the good, the bad, the ugly and the just plain bizarre.  But, what I will hope to convey through it all is how faithful God has been. I will explain how even though He allowed for cancer, He rolled out the red carpet in provision. This has not been an easy road so far, nor do I expect to get easy. What I do expect is for my God to continue showing me the many blessings and mercies that come along with trials and tribulations. For that part of this journey I am truly excited and thankful.
I am not sure if blogging allows for comment and feedback, but if it does please, ask questions. What do you most want to know?  It will make it easier for me to know where to start.

5 comments:

  1. Sardonic. LOL. Oh, friend. How I loathe that word. But so proud of you for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are doing this. I found this verse I thought it applicable. I am looking forward to reading your blog!
    "The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught." Isaiah 50:4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful page. I hope (and know) that you will find this whole blogging thing very rewarding. You go girl! Looking forward to being one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are blogging. I have to admit I have enjoyed you FB posts but want to see what you will talk about hear. I am blessed to have you in my life and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a great job writing friend!

    ReplyDelete